This is one of the newer recipes we’ve tried. We originally made this dish on the stovetop with ground turkey, but I like the idea of cooking the meat in the crockpot to reduce the prep time. The recipe below serves 2-4 people (2-3 tacos each), but I’ve also doubled the recipe so we have leftover chicken to make tacos for our lunches throughout the week.
- 1 LB. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning (I get Trader Joe’s Taco Seasoning Mix)
- Shredded Lettuce
- Chopped Tomato
- Soft Corn Tortillas (I get Trader Joe’s Corn Tortillas that only have 3 ingredients; corn, lime and water)
- Guacamole (you can find my homemade recipe HERE)
- Salsa (optional) Recommendations are Trader Joe’s Salsa Autentica or Salsa Verde
- Cheese (optional)
- Chopped Cilantro (optional)
- And… anything else you want to add to your taco!
- Combine chicken broth and taco seasoning in a bowl and mix. Place the chicken in the slow cooker and pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Using a fork, shred the chicken and place in serving bowl
- Start with the soft corn tortilla and create your taco using your favorite ingredients! I like to add the chicken first, then top with lettuce, tomato, and guacamole. If you don’t care about going Dairy Free, you can add cheese too.